The guest speakers in our recent Build Your Digital Learning Blueprint MOOC—all experts in their field and active senior learning leaders—shared a number of resources they think are the best things for instructional designers to be reading/watching, and here they are for you to peruse and learn from as well. Learning professionals are always learning about learning, and this list is a great place to look for new inspiration.
Also, tell us in the comments what your favorite resources are for measuring learning, building a learning culture, the digital learning ecosystem, and agile processes for learning – or any other topics relevant to modern digital learning!
- From Dianne Rees's "Instructional Design Fusions" blog, Alternatives to Kirpatrick: Brinkerhoff's Success Case Method.
- From Tom Gram's "Performance X Design" blog, Evaluating with the Success Case Method.
Recommended reading on data:
Building a Learning Culture Books:
Learning Ecosystem resources:
- Josh Bersin makes sense of the digital learning technology landscape with this post The Disruption of Digital Learning: Ten Things We Have Learned
- Deloitte Consulting's 3-step process can help you map your current state to a digital learning experience in Learning - The Next Frontier of Digital HR.
- Three dynamics are central to approaching learning as an integrated platform rather than a stand-alone function in Learning as a Platform: a new paradigm for corporate learning and development, also by Deloitte.
Methods for Applying Agile to your Process:
- Kasper Spiro and Videhi Bhamidi think L&D should ensure an optimal product experience for their learners in Think Like a Start-Up, Act Like a Product Manager.
- See how to use the Design Thinking Process for learning organizations in Design Thinking: 5-Steps to Design Learner Experiences that Drive Business Results, Britney Cole, GP Strategies.
- Assess for the capabilities in your learning organization that ensure agility in Is Your Learning Organization Agility Fit?, Nicholas Horney.
- Curating in a regulated environment? See Deloitte's tips in Corral fast-moving learning technology and curation with a governance framework.
What else would you add?